Monday, March 5, 2012

Healing Thoughts

A wonderful friend lent me two CDs for relaxation and healing.  I have listened to the meditation CD for the last couple of nights.  It has been very good for calming down and centering.  That part comes with a warning, “Do not listen to this CD while driving.”  We respectfully heeded that advice when we drove to Baltimore today.

Instead, we listened to the other CD (the one without the warning) called, “How to Prepare for Surgery”.  Although there will be NO actual cutting tomorrow, the CyberKnife radiation will be doing its powerful part.  An important lesson of the tape involved asking caring friends and family to send positive, healing thoughts as a way to promote and improve the effects of treatment.  Usually this would all be a little too “woo-woo” for me, but for now I am open to anything that might encourage and assist a positive and successful outcome.

So, dear friends and family, if you have a few spare minutes tomorrow between about 10:30 and noon, would you send me healing wishes and hopes.  You might remind me that:
         I am very fortunate to have an excellent, experienced team of medical practitioners helping to treat me.
         Radiation is like beams of light, giving the tumor new information about my need for it to stop growing.
         This treatment can and will help me get better.
         With help from my friends, medical and otherwise, I will be able to heal quickly and easily.
         OR – Anything else creative and positive you can send my way!

It feels more than a little funny to be asking this of everyone, but so many of you have asked how you could help.  I guess this might be the way.

With thanks and love,
Karen



4 comments:

  1. Karen,

    I will send you all the positive thoughts I can! And I have to say I think my own surgery was so highly successful because of the meditations I used to prepare, something I would never have guessed could help. But It really really did. So I know how you feel about the "woo-woo"ness of it, but I also think if it works, it works, and that's good enough for me!

    Hoping all goes well tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be at Aafke's this morning knitting. I know our little knitting group will be sending you positive thoughts with each stitch and with every breath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 10:50 and we're all thinking of you with positive energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and light continues coming your way. Thanks for asking for what you need, since we're all in this together. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete